Thursday, March 17, 2011

Ruffles

Ruffles, Ruffles, Ruffles! Who doesn't love ruffles! I see ruffles everywhere I go and I always say "Oh, I could make that." It has gotten to the point where my sisters and mom roll their eyes everytime I say this. I'll admit that I usually am all talk and never do end up making anything I see...until I saw this lovely little dress and skirt! I knew that I had to make them. I loved them so much and couldn't afford the large price J. Crew was selling them for. So I bought the fabric and went on experimenting. I had no idea how it would turn out or if it would look anything like the lovely pieces at J. Crew but I was still excited to make up and try a new pattern. It worked out perfect that my sweet little niece Jane was turning one the same weekend. I was so happy that the skirt worked out and that little Jane got a perfect little ruffled skirt for her birthday. My sister still tells me about all of the compliments that she gets on the skirt and how many of her friends want one for their little girls too.
Here it is...

Oh I love this little skirt!!!

Later as i was roming around Walmart, I found turtle necks for just a coupld of dollars. I decided for $3 I could afford to experiment and maybe make a ruffled top to go with the skirt. It too worked out perfectly with a little added flower just to make it even cutter!


The complete outfit!
Love it and it looks perfect on little Janey too!


Of course the second I finished making this outfit I ran over to Stephanies and she immediatly wanted to make one. We rummaged through her stash and found this perfect little bit of knit!  So here is the skirt Stephanie made. ( I love those colors, perfect for running around on a warm the summer day!) 

-Julie

1 comment:

  1. Very talented. So cute. Now you two need to stop sewing and start studying.

    ReplyDelete